Well, the Fortune’s Shawlette is history. While unravelling it and still thinking about changing the hook size for it, I realized just how much yarn this pattern is eating up, and I am quite certain that the situation with the too-tight-lace-fabric wouldn’t have been remedied with a bigger hook, either. So I began with the Elise Shawl instead.
I started out with a 5,5 mm hook, but it turned out WAY too big for the Katia Jaipur, even for lacework. Totally unmanageable. I reduced it to a 4,5 mm instead, and – ladies and gentlemen – I think we have a winner.
I think this pattern will show off the color changes of this variegated yarn much better than the Fortune’s Shawlette ever would have, too. So far, I think the decision was the right one. Can’t wait to see how this’ll turn out as I go.