It’s all done! And it’s so warm and snuggly. Definitely the weirdest piece of clothing I have ever made, but I like it. So, without further ado: here it is, my Antonia Wrap-Around Shrug:
You can find the original pattern here: Antonia Wrap Around Shrug by Jarta Jasmine Design. The pattern is offered for fee as “regular” and “extra curvy” versions. As you may know, if you’ve followed this blog recently: I’ve chosen the “extry curvy” variant, because I am quite tall – but then I had issues with my gauge, so the sizing was really off. Below you will find my personal edits, all collected:
Pattern edits by crochetophile:
- The pattern calls for a 9 mm hook – I used a 10 mm instead to obtain the correct gauge, which – in retrospect- still wasn’t the right gauge, after all. Therefore I had to make more adaptations as I went on.
- Instead of 77 rows (150 cm), I ended up making 120 rows (180 cm) before starting with the first sleeve.
- After some trial and error trying to figure out a better way to make the sleeves to fit my arms, I ended up decreasing my sleeves by 1 stitch per row for 18 rows, until I reached 30 stitches per row. Then I crocheted 30 stitches per row evenly until I reached 35 rows.
- I added two rows of sc in a contrasting color all around the edge of the body part: it adds some visual interest, and it makes the edge look neater, more finished.
I used a little over 7 skeins of Gründl Perfino yarn, and some leftovers in a different color of the same.
All my WIP-posts can be found here:
- Introduction of the Project (2016-01-06)
- Two Things: (2016-01-07)
- Wrap-Around Shrug – WIP Notes (2016-01-10)
- Wrap-Around Shrug – WIP Notes (2016-01-14)
- Crochet Wire Bead Bracelet (2016-01-17)
- Wrap-Around Shrug – WIP Notes (2016-01-18)
- Wrap-Around Shrug – WIP Notes (2016-01-29)
The designer has also provided a great picture that shows different ways of wearing it – which I am going to recreate and show off, maybe tomorrow. The picture links to the original pattern on Ravelry!
What do you guys think? I’d love your input on this thing!